While it seems that EDM has taken over NYC clubs, there are still plenty of nightspots that are passionate about hip-hop just as much as you are. In a city like the big apple, it can be tricky locating the perfect spot to let loose and bust a move. Luckily for any hip-hop fans out there, it’s not impossible to find nightclubs with this genre of music if you know where to look. We collected five booming hip hop clubs in NYC that will surely uptown funk you up. Check these out:
1. B.B King: This is where the party is. Known as one of the top hip-hop clubs in NYC, this small nightspot located near Time Square is the place to be on the weekends. There is no cover charge before 12am and ladies are free until 12:30. As for style, there is a strict dress code. B.B King invites sexy and chic guests only, so leave your hoodie at home. Button up/Collared Shirts are mandatory for gents and heels are absolutely required for ladies.
Since it’s opening in 2000, B.B King’s has hosted, and continues to host, some of the greatest legends in music. Individuals such as Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Alicia Keys, The Allman Brothers, Gipsy Kings, and Jay Z have all performed at this topnotch venue, making it a must see destination for anyone who loves live hip hop music. This lounge will not disappoint!
2. Attic Rooftop & Lounge: Noted as a “nightlife gem,” this recently built rooftop and lounge is located in Hell’s Kitchen with widespread views of Manhattan. The 5,000 square foot bi-level venue provides both indoor and outdoor space along with large bars on each level, plush seating, a DJ booth with a state of the art sound system.
Attic’s DJ lineup includes artists such as DJ Rawbeatz and DJ Forest who are known to spin the best of dance, pop, and top commercial hip-hop. Ladies are free before 1am and gents are free 12am. Both are reduced after (on the showtime guest list). The lounge expects a chic and stylish dress code, so avoid baggy attire and light colored sneakers. Heels are highly preferred for women.
3. Club Allure: Queen’s hottest night club and lounge is one of NYC’s longest running clubs. This beautiful venue brings you some of the best hip hop parties around. This lavish night club offers two levels with six VIP rooms along with state of the arts sound system. Allure’s dance floor is spacious enough to dance the night away to your favorite hip hop tracks. Club Allure is located near all major transportation and is decked out from head to toe with class and sexiness.
Saturday at Club Allure NYC has quickly become Queens’s number one choice for a good night out. This nightspot delivers the hottest crowds, best bottle and birthday packages and not to mention a killer DJ Line-up. Artists such as DJ’s Frank Roth, Spin One Loud One, and Abrupt are all noted for spinning the best of Hip-Hop. Ladies are free until 12am and are reduced after and gents are reduced all night (both on the show time guest list). As for attire, keep it stylish, sexy, trendy and tasteful. No boots, Timbs, Acg’s, hats or baggy clothes and no light colored sneakers are allowed. Allure NYC is 100% an experience you will not want to miss.
4. bOb Bar: If you like old hip hop, there is no better place in the city. Located in the lower east side, this small, lively bar offers select DJs that spin hip-hop most nights and the dance floor is often packed. bOb Bar pays tribute to the best wordsmiths and beat-makers of all-time every weekend. Enjoy deep hip hop cuts from the famous DJ’s at this top nightclub in NYC. The bOb Bar is tiny. The capacity at this NYC nightclub is between 50-75 people and the dance floor can easily get crowded. If this doesn’t sound like your thing, you may want to skip the bOb Bar. However, if you’re a young visitor in NYC looking for a hip-hop party, bOb NYC might be just what you’re looking for. Every night, this small NYC lounge starts off as a relaxed place to listen to deep hip hop beats from some of the best DJ’s in New York, and slowly progresses into one of the best dance parties in NYC. The dress code is casual and there is a $5 cover charge (no credit card minimum).
5. VIP Room: VIP Room is one of the Meatpacking District’s hottest clubs which features a Hip Hop Thursday night party with a mix of hip hop and top 40 on weekends. Doors open at 10pm and guests must be dressed to impress. VIP Room is the chic, modern nightclub, inspired by European nightlife, with the sophistication of Paris and the energy of Saint Tropez.
LED lighting effects surround the perimeter of this lavish and stylish 5,000 sq. space, with a contemporary club layout featuring lush banquets surrounding the dance floor. The center piece of VIP Room is a hundred feet of LED video wall that spans almost the entire length of the walls inside the nightclub creating an ultimate party atmosphere. This high energy European style nightclub combines high–tech lighting with a world class sound system that will create an extraordinary sensory experience and unique nightlife setting.